The Gibney Senior Manager of Digital Media will manage the Digital Media Initiative (DMI) and its ancillary programs throughout the Gibney centers. They will be responsible for programming innovative educational workshops for the DMI, efficiently managing the DMI’s paid services program, and providing outstanding videography services for the organization. They will manage a team of Digital Media Associates and Assistants who will be responsible for further advancing this ethos with constituents through consultations, education, and technical assistance as it relates to the community’s evolving artistic practices.
GENERAL DUTIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Train and manage the Digital Media Initiative staff
- Manage all technical equipment
- Curate and schedule Professional Workshop series
- Provide digital and technical assistance to Gibney staff to deliver excellent programs to the community
- Ensure successful implementation and execution of DMI workshops
- Lead introductory workshops and provide consultations for DMI constituents
- Create and manage DMI yearly budget in collaboration with the Senior Director of Community Action, Training & Artist Services
VIDEO PRODUCTION PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Project manage video production for internal Gibney projects and external client projects from conception through distribution
- Manage the DMI’s video and photo archive
- Ensure that projects adhere to budgets and deadlines
- Manage and build upon DMI’s subsidized paid services program to meet yearly income goals
- Manage and negotiate all paid client contracts
- Conceive development outreach and marketing strategies to grow DMI client base
- Provide supplementary video production services in the form of filming, editing, and sound design
The Senior Manager of Digital Media performs other support functions and duties as needed. Gibney is growing organization with a small staff. Employees are often called upon to perform other duties essential to accomplish organizational goals and meet important deadlines.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Three or more years of related experience, preferably with arts organizations
- Knowledge of, and strong interest in, the performing arts, social justice, and Gibney’s mission
- Thorough knowledge of filming and experience with a variety of cameras (Sony and Panasonic)
- Thorough knowledge of the post-production process including video codecs
- Thorough knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premiere Pro
- Experience Project Managing multiple projects with varying needs and budgets with a focus on video production
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven organizational, multitasking, and project management skills
- Ability to work independently within a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and database management experience (Salesforce/PatronManager preferred)
- Experience with Adobe After Effects preferred, but not required
- Experience filming dance preferred, but not required
- Photography experience preferred, but not required
Deadline for submissions is November 16, 2018, however prompt submission is strongly encouraged.
To be considered for the position, please email the items below in one PDF-formatted file with your name as the filename to email@example.com. Include “Senior Manager of Digital Media” as the email’s subject line. Submissions must include:
- A substantive cover letter including the following information: your interest in the position and the organization, where you learned of the position, evidence of the required experience (as outlined in the job description under “Qualifications and Experience”), the date you are available to start, and contact information for three professional references
- A résumé outlining your educational and professional experience
All expressions of interest and conversations will be held in the strictest confidence; references will not be contacted without the candidate’s permission. Incomplete submissions will not be considered nor will submissions sent via postal mail or fax. No calls please.
Prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to review our website at www.gibneydance.org before submitting materials for consideration. Gibney will not consider submissions from applicants that do not have the required experience. Gibney will not consider submissions through employment agencies or online services.
GIBNEY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
We are also always looking for volunteers for our Center Programs and Performances. Volunteering at Gibney is both fulfilling and fun, and many of our volunteers return to donate their time again and again. It can also be a great way to be introduced to the organization if you’re interested in a position in the future.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be included on the Volunteer Mailing List, or contact email@example.com if you are interested in ushering for an upcoming performance. Ushers receive free admission to the performance on the evening they work.