The Development Associate provides a range of administrative, logistical, and project support as a member of Gibney’s Development Team, with a focus on individual giving and special events. The successful candidate will be a focused self-starter who is willing to learn and always exercises discretion and excellent judgment.
The Development Associate (DA) reports directly to the Senior Director of Development (SDOD) and provides additional support to both the Artistic Director & CEO (CEO) and Senior Manager of Institutional Giving (SMIG).
- Work collaboratively with the Development Team to implement the organization’s annual contributed revenue strategy
- Help prepare and implement cultivation and stewardship communications
- Develop materials and next steps for weekly Development Team meetings
- Liaise with the Marketing Team, SDOD, and SMIG to uphold accurate donor recognition and contact information
- Manage and maintain a high level of organization in development files and archives
- Provide the MIG administrative support, as needed
- Perform office management and other administrative duties, as needed
DATABASE & REPORTING
- Serve as key point person and manager of the CRM database, PatronManager
- Integrate the database into daily Development Team work processes by regularly updating tasks, next steps, information, and research
- Process contributions and prepare acknowledgement letters
- Maintain accurate contributed revenue accounting in tandem with the SDOD
- Generate queries, reports, exports and any other data as needed
- Interface with Development and Finance Teams to maintain reporting accuracy
- Work with the CEO and SDOD to grow the individual donor base through organized donor and prospect management, cultivation, and stewardship
- Help prepare and implement digital and direct mail appeals to various recipient lists
- Manage VIP meeting logistics, hospitality, and internal meeting briefs
- Support the management of the Young Patrons program in coordination with the SDOD and Board Steering Committee
- Serve as the Young Patron’s concierge
- Conduct research on individual donor prospects
- Assist with all special events including the annual Benefit, cultivation events, Young Patrons events, and other fundraisers
- Participate in event brainstorming and planning with various departments
- Assist in the coordination of event logistics and hospitality
- Spearhead outreach for auction items and event ad journals
- Manage invitations, RSVPs, pledge and expense tracking with the SDOD
- Prepare event briefs
- Manage the implementation of event follow up plans with the SDOD
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Work with the Development Team to implement five annual Board Meetings
- Assist SDOD and SMIG with the preparation of Board Meeting materials
- Take Board Meeting minutes and edit for Board Secretary approval
- Schedule, attend, and take minutes at Board Committee Meetings, as needed
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 1-2 years fulltime work experience, preferably in nonprofit, fundraising, and/or customer service
- Passion for the performing arts and social justice fields, in addition to Gibney’s mission
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven organizational, multitasking, and project management skills
- Ability to work independently within a fast-paced, team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Database experience – Salesforce/PatronManager experience highly preferred
- Availability to work occasional nights and weekends
To be considered for the position, please email the items below in one PDF-formatted file with your name as the filename to email@example.com. Include “Development Associate” as the email’s subject line. Submissions must include a cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three professional references.
All expressions of interest and conversations will be held in the strictest confidence; references will not be contacted without the candidate’s permission. Incomplete submissions will not be considered nor will submissions sent via postal mail or fax. No calls please.
Prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to review Gibney’s website at www.gibneydance.org before submitting materials for consideration. Gibney will not consider submissions from applicants that do not have the required experience. Gibney will not consider submissions through employment agencies or online services.
GIBNEY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
We are also always looking for volunteers for our Center Programs and Performances. Volunteering at Gibney Dance is both fulfilling and fun, and many of our volunteers return to donate their time again and again. It can also be a great way to be introduced to the organization if you’re interested in a position in the future.