Institute for Community Action Training (ICAT) helps participants mobilize the arts as a vehicle for social change.
Spend a weekend learning time-tested tools to start, build, and expand your own arts and social justice program! Applications are open to dance and social service professionals.
ICAT participants will leave with:
- In-depth knowledge of our four-part program model (details below)
- A working understanding of intimate partner violence and other prevalent social issues
- Techniques to effectively engage target populations and communities
- Tangible workshop aids and resources (sample exercises, session structures, and Take Care Cards™)
- Tips/tools for creating successful partnerships
- Necessary skills for starting/expanding your own arts and social justice program
The application for the June 2018 Institute for Community Action Training is now open. Applications are due by Friday, May 11 at 2:00 pm.
June 21 – 24
Limited Scholarships Available
For more information, please contact:
Yasemin Ozumerzifon, Senior Company & Community Action Manager
Gibney 280 Broadway (Entrance at 53 Chambers)
New York, NY 10007
Phone: 646 837 6809
ICAT is a breeding ground for compassion in the truest sense of the word.
2013 ICAT Participant