Community Action Hub Workshops offer a free opportunity to experience the work of an artist working at the intersection of the arts and social action. Workshops are offered in conjunction with one-on-one consultation sessions with the guest Hub artist.
Open Studios are a chance to learn about and experience our work with violence survivors, our Youth Programs, and the work of our Institute for Community Action Training participants.
Institute for Community Action Training
First held in January 2013, The Institute for Community Action Training (ICAT) shares our Community Action methodology to help you mobilize the arts as a vehicle for social change. Spend a weekend learning time-tested tools to start, build, and expand your own outreach program! Applications are open to dance and social service professionals.
ICAT participants will leave with:
- In-depth knowledge of our four-part program model
- A working understanding of domestic violence and other prevalent social issues
- Techniques to effectively engage target populations
- Tangible workshop aids and resources (sample exercises, session structures, and Take Care Cards™)
- Tips/tools for creating successful partnerships
- Necessary skills for starting/expanding your own outreach program