A beautiful and spacious, sunlit studio with four large windows overlooking Broadway. This pillar-free studio also features a chandelier that is original to the space. Located at Gibney’s 890 Broadway location in close proximity to the elevator and main administrative office. Use of shoes prohibited. Grand piano available.
STUDIO 1 IS PERFECT FOR
- Open rehearsals and studio showings
- Private lessons or classes
- Dimensions: 32’ x 49’
- Capacity: 30 people for non-profit rehearsal rentals. For all other types of rentals, please reach out to the Gibney Rental team to receive capacity limits.
- Ceiling Height: 11’
- Flooring: Black Marley (Original wooden floor under Marley); Resilient
- Permanent mirrors on North wall
- Sound System: VRL PC-815L, Behringer Europack Pro RX1202FX, 2 Flexsys
- Digital Active Speakers (F10)
- Use of shoes in Studio 1 is prohibited.
DID YOU KNOW…
Before Gibney expanded into the space, Studio 1 was the home of Barbara Matera Ltd., a renowned costume designer for Broadway, film, and ballet. Barbara designed costumes for over 100 Broadway productions, including A Chorus Line, The Lion King, and Wicked; films including The Great Gatsby and 101 Dalmations; and numerous ballet and opera productions for the Metropolitan Opera, New York City Ballet, and American Ballet Theater.