Studio 4, Gibney’s largest space, is an expansive studio designed for big ideas. This space is ideal for large groups and production rehearsals. Located at Gibney’s 890 Broadway location in close proximity to the public kitchen and restrooms. The studio includes access to a grand piano. Use of shoes prohibited. Grand piano available.
STUDIO 4 IS PERFECT FOR
- Large-scale production rehearsals and lock-outs
- Auditions or large classes
- Multi-week residencies for artists of all disciplines
- Dimensions: 44’ x 69’
- Capacity: 23 people (33%) for rehearsals, classes, workshops, and showings. 35 people (50%) for photoshoots, filming, and production.
- Flooring: Grey Marley (Original wooden floor under Marley); Resilient
- Ceiling Height: 11’
- Permanent Mirrors on South wall
- Black drapery to cover windows
- Sound System: YamahaCRX-332, 2 Yahama NS-BP111 Speakers, Intertek 1202-VLZ3 Line Mixer, 2 RCFAucustica C5212-L Speakers
- Use of shoes prohibited
DID YOU KNOW…
At one time, the 5th floor at 890 Broadway was wide open from the eastern wall of Studio 4 all the way to Broadway. The space was then divided into smaller studios with the creation of Studio 4 and Studio 2, but Studio 4 remains Gibney’s largest space and carries on 890 Broadway’s long history as a home for theater. Studio 4 has been rented out by major Broadway productions such as The Lion King, Carousel, and Hello, Dolly! during their rehearsal periods.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, studio capacities have been reduced to 33% in our studios for all rehearsals, classes, and workshop rentals. Filming, photoshoot, and production rentals will be allowed at 50% capacity for each studio. If a rental request is submitted via our online forms with an occupancy that exceeds the following limits, your request will not be approved.