A new addition to Gibney at 890 Broadway in 2017, Studio 9 is a long and narrow space with two windows overlooking 19th Street. Located in close proximity to restrooms, water fountains, and dressing rooms. This intimate space includes wall-mounted mirrors. Use of indoor use sneakers allowed. Piano not available.
STUDIO 9 IS PERFECT FOR
- Dance rehearsals
- Yoga and other somatic practices
- Table readings and meetings
- Small classes or workshops
- Dimensions: 35’ x 14’
- Capacity: 10 people for non-profit rehearsal rentals. For all other types of rentals, please reach out to the Gibney Rental team to receive capacity limits.
- Ceiling Height: 11’
- Flooring: Light Wood; Resilient
- Permanent mirrors on East wall
- Sound System: Yamaha CRX-332 Receiver, 2 Yamaha Speakers
DID YOU KNOW…
Studio 9 was home to Broadway costume designer David Woolard from the early 2000s through 2017, and prior to that was the studio of renowned milliner Woody Shelp. Woody welcomed Gibney with open arms in 1991 when we moved into Studio 5-2, and was a great friend and neighbor and longtime tenant of the building. His space was always filled with hats and wooden head displays, and stars like Betty Buckley and Glenn Close came and went frequently. Woody’s famed designs include the Champagne-colored hats from the finale of Michael Bennett’s A Chorus Line.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, studio capacities have been reduced to 33% in our studios for all rehearsals, classes, and workshop rentals. Filming, photoshoot, and production rentals will be allowed at 50% capacity for each studio. If a rental request is submitted via our online forms with an occupancy that exceeds the following limits, your request will not be approved.