Studio W – The Joyce
An expansive and architecturally stunning space with columns lining either side. Studio W has been the home of The Joyce Theater Foundation’s artist residency programs since early 2018. Use of shoes prohibited.
STUDIO W IS GREAT FOR
- Non-profit dance rehearsals
- Dimensions: 40’ x 30’
- Capacity: 5 people (33%) for rehearsals, classes, workshops, and showings. 8 people (50%) for photoshoots, filming, and production.
- Ceiling Height: Actual – 13’; Lighting Grid – 11’3”
- Flooring: Harlequin Cascade (Grey); Sprung
- Permanent mirrors on East wall, surrounding door
- 8 Columns: 4 on North wall & 4 on South wall (6.5″ from wall, 13″ diameter)
- Sound System: VRL PC-815L, Denon Professional DN-500CB
- Use of shoes prohibited.
DID YOU KNOW…
Studio W is the home of The Joyce Theater Foundation’s artist residency programs. Artists presenting work at The Joyce regularly work and rehearse in this beautiful space as they prepare for their performances. Studio W also contained the gas lines that were used to power gas lights at A.T Stewart Dry Goods, which occupied 280 Broadway from the mid 1840s until 1862.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, studio capacities have been reduced to 33% in our studios for all rehearsals, classes, and workshop rentals. Filming, photoshoot, and production rentals will be allowed at 50% capacity for each studio. If a rental request is submitted via our online forms with an occupancy that exceeds the following limits, your request will not be approved.