A stunning and well-lit space with six large windows overlooking Chambers Street and City Hall Park. This versatile space provides a beautiful and peaceful backdrop for somatic practices, or an architecturally interesting space for events. Use of tap shoes, heels, and indoor use sneakers is allowed.
STUDIO D IS PERFECT FOR
- Yoga classes and somatic practices
- Small studio showings or open rehearsals
- Table readings
- Parties, events, or talks
- Dimensions: 28’ x 46’
- Capacity: 26 people for non-profit rehearsal rentals. For all other types of rentals, please reach out to the Gibney Rental team to receive capacity limits.
- Ceiling Height: 13’
- Flooring: Light Wood; Resilient
- Permanent mirrors on West wall
- Three Columns: Center of studio running North-South
- Sound System: TrippLite, Tascam CD-A700, MixMate 2-RM75, Tascam CD-200
- Use of tap shoes, heels, and indoor use sneakers is allowed.
DID YOU KNOW…
Studio D’s three, centrally-located Corinthian columns give the space a classical and memorable look. Although they can be obstacles for large dance classes, our renters have found creative ways to use this space to work and move around the columns. Studio D has housed stunning performances and showings framed by the columns; yoga, pilates, and somatic classes; stage combat classes; and a wide range of parties and events.