Studio 8 is an artistic, exposed-brick studio with a percussive dance floor and an office nook. This quirky and flexible space provides a unique backdrop for photo and video shoots in a private corner of 890 Broadway. The space also includes a private bathroom. Use of tap shoes, heels, and indoor sneakers is allowed. Piano available.
STUDIO 8 IS PERFECT FOR
- Dance or theater rehearsals
- Classes and workshops
- Photo or Video shoots
- Dimensions: 18’ x 49’
- Capacity: 5 people (33%) for rehearsals, classes, workshops, and showings. 8 people (50%) for photoshoots, filming, and production.
- Ceiling Height: 11’
- Flooring: Grey Multipurpose Floor; Resilient
- Portable mirrors (1 wooden, 3 mylar)
- One Column: 5’ from North wall, 2.5′ in diameter
- Sound System: Yamaha CRX-332 Receiver, 2 Yamaha NS-BP82 Speakers
- Use of tap shoes, heels, and indoor sneakers is allowed
DID YOU KNOW…
Studio 8’s unique exposed-brick walls feature a design created by choreographer Eliot Feld, whose company, Ballet Tech, is located on the 6th, 7th, and 8th floors of 890 Broadway. Before Gibney expanded into this space, it was the home of J.C. Theatrical & Custom Footwear, a renowned cobbler for Broadway and part of the long tradition of craftspeople working in 890 Broadway’s studio spaces.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, studio capacities have been reduced to 33% in our studios for all rehearsals, classes, and workshop rentals. Filming, photoshoot, and production rentals will be allowed at 50% capacity for each studio. If a rental request is submitted via our online forms with an occupancy that exceeds the following limits, your request will not be approved.