The Digital Media Associate (DMA) works to advance Gibney as part of a coordinated Digital Media Team. The DMA is a full-time, 30 hour per week role reporting to the Senior Director of Digital Media and collaborating closely with the Marketing Department and other Gibney teams as needed.
This position requires an on-site presence at Gibney Center, including 890 Broadway and 280 Broadway, in lower Manhattan. Further, all individuals must be fully vaccinated to enter Gibney Center, as detailed in Gibney Vaccination Policy.
This policy requires that all individuals entering Gibney Center, including employees, must: (1) be fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks following receiving both doses of a two-dose vaccine or a single dose of a one-dose vaccine) with a COVID-19 vaccine authorized for emergency use by the FDA or WHO, and (2) provide Gibney with such proof of vaccination (acceptable forms of proof are identified in the Key to NYC guidelines) in order for Gibney to execute an employment contract.
Please find Gibney’s Full Reopening Plan, including our Vaccination Policy, on our website.
- Attends staff, team, and relevant programming meetings and participates in organization-wide trainings, gatherings, and events as necessary.
- Initiates workflows and complete tasks with guidance and support from the Senior Manager of Digital Media.
- Films and provides technical support for a variety of Gibney and client programs and projects, including livestreaming.
- Assists with documenting Gibney’s performance seasons and other events.
- Develops creative content for Gibney’s marketing, fundraising, and other initiatives in collaboration with program teams and the Senior Manager of Digital Media.
- Consults with constituents to offer guidance, in-studio technical assistance, and advisory assistance with software, equipment, and creative design as needed.
- Assists in training staff in proper usage of equipment and DMI policies and procedures.
- Assists the Senior Manager of Digital Media with Client Services and project management.
DIGITAL MEDIA WORKROOM AND PROGRAMS
- Trains constituents and renters in proper usages of technical equipment.
- Supports the implementation and management of Digital Media and other Gibney programs including educational workshops and intensives.
- Manages Digital Media curated workshops by ensuring that teachers have the necessary equipment and software and assisting with setup and breakdown.
- Assists with introductory Tech Tuesday workshops alongside the Senior Manager of Digital Media.
Gibney is a growing organization and employees are often called upon to perform other duties that are essential to accomplish organizational goals and meet important deadlines. This kind of work should only be disseminated by the direct supervisor of that staff member and include relocating their original work for that time frame.
NONPROFIT EMPLOYMENT CONSIDERATION
Gibney is a mission-based nonprofit performing arts organization. Working in this sector can be personally rewarding with intrinsic benefits and distinct opportunities for growth. However, the compensation will never match that of the private sector or more highly resourced art forms. Candidates for employment are advised to carefully consider their decision to work in this field before seeking or accepting employment at Gibney.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Gibney provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, the status of being transgender, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Gibney is strongly committed to providing reasonable accommodations of disabilities during the application and hiring process. If required, please contact Senior Manager of Human Resources, Mario Alberto Flores at email@example.com.
The model candidate will possess the following experience and qualifications:
- At least 2 years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated, in-depth understanding of Camera Operation and Video Editing (Adobe Creative Suite).
- Experience with online event platforms (Zoom Webinars or other live streaming platforms.
- Strong commitment to and understanding of the mission and values of Gibney.
- Understanding of and experience in the New York City performing arts community.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build collaborative, cross-departmental systems.
- Ability to work independently within a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
To be considered for the position, please send a resume, cover letter, and an optional video reel or work sample to:
Senior Manager of Digital Media
Please include your first and last name and “Digital Media Associate” in the subject line of your email. We hope to fill this position in early or mid October and encourage you to submit your application early.
No phone calls, please.
The general salary range for this 30-hour per week position is $39,000; however, exceptionally qualified candidates will be considered at levels commensurate with their experience.
All expressions of interest and conversations will be held in the strictest confidence. References will not be contacted without the candidate’s permission. Incomplete submissions will not be considered, nor will submissions sent via USPS or fax.