Operations Associates act as the main point of contact for Gibney Center and support various daily operations of 890 and 280 Broadway including cleaning and organizing spaces, setting up studio equipment, and answering any community questions that may arise. They work with the Operations Department to advance Gibney’s mission and ethos through
positive community interactions. Operation Associates work collaboratively with other
departments throughout Gibney to ensure daily classes, rentals, residencies, and performances
are running smoothly.
Operations Associates are a vital part of Gibney’s Operations Department and provide excellent customer service, facilities management, and administrative support.
FACILITIES MANAGEMENT (40%)
- Opens the Gibney Centers and prepares each space for use.
- Creates daily studio schedules.
- Closes the Centers at the end of the day, including a walk-through of the spaces to prep for next day; studio setup; printing and posting daily studio schedules; occasional sweeping; and locking up studios.
- Assists in maintaining the daily operations of Gibney, including assisting with basic maintenance of the space; maintaining inventory and cleanliness of community areas; and reporting any maintenance or repair issues to the on-site Operations Manager.
- Uses the HVAC system to adjust and maintain specific temperatures in each studio.
- Enforces policies and practices to ensure the highest level of safety, cleanliness, and operations of the Center.
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION (30%)
- Manages the Welcome desk at Gibney Centers; serves as primary point of contact; answers inquiries and directs constituents to their destinations.
- Takes attendance for each class.
- Possesses familiarity with the Center spaces, room setups, and policies; knows location and rental price of all studios, furniture inventory, office supplies, studio rules.
- Uses the OneDrive Shift Reports to communicate pertinent information to the next shifts; communicates/escalates urgent issues to the Directors of Operation.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (30%)
- Greets guests at the Centers and addresses inquiries in a warm and helpful manner.
- Provides excellent customer service through a proactive and problem-solving approach.
- Accommodates the creative needs of clients, renters, and others in the space.
- Answers phone calls to both Centers, addresses inquiries, and communicates messages.
- 1 year of related customer service experience
- Knowledge of and strong interest in Gibney’s mission
- Sincere commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity, and access
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong focus and attention to detail
- Proven organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to work independently within a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office; familiarity with Salesforce and/or Mindbody a plus
Gibney strongly encourages employees to remain up to date with COVID-19 vaccination as defined by the CDC.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The hourly rate for this 20-hour/week part-time position is $16/hr.
Currently, Gibney offers part-time and as needed employees a benefits package including:
- Access to a 401K Retirement Plan
- Access to free classes, space, and subsidized rates.
- Access to select racial equity trainings, professional development opportunities, and mental health resources
To be considered for the position, please submit your application to: Madelyn Sproat, HR &
Operations Manager at email@example.com.
Your application should include a brief cover letter and a resume. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, and we will contact candidates when there is an open position on our team. All expressions of interest and conversations will be held in the strictest confidence; references will not be contacted without the candidate’s permission. Incomplete submissions will not be considered nor will submissions that are sent via postal mail, fax, or phone. Thank you.
Gibney is a growing organization and employees are often called upon to perform other duties that are essential to accomplish organizational goals and meet important deadlines. This kind of work should only be disseminated by the direct supervisor of that staff member and include relocating their original work for that time frame.
NONPROFIT EMPLOYMENT CONSIDERATION
Gibney is a mission-based nonprofit performing arts organization. Working in this sector can be personally rewarding with intrinsic benefits and distinct opportunities for growth. However, the compensation will never match that of the private sector or more highly resourced art forms. Candidates for employment are advised to carefully consider their decision to work in this field before seeking or accepting employment at Gibney.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Gibney provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, the status of being transgender, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Gibney is strongly committed to providing reasonable accommodations of disabilities during the application and hiring process. If desired or needed, please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.