10-month training programming for early career production professionals. Required commitment is a minimum of two full production weeks per month, select number of one-day calls (load-ins/outs, showcases), and maintenance calls.
Trainees will learn how to accomplish the following:
- Competently operate sound and light boards
- Hang and focus lights
- Efficiently and safely move scenery and props
- Work with various soft goods for flexible use of space
- Properly install Marley flooring
- Maintain and care for the theaters and equipment
- Work backstage during shows as a deck crew member
A more detailed list of what we expect trainees to know by the end of the 10-month period can be provided upon request.
Please note that Gibney is committed to building inclusive teams that reflect the diversity of its community and allow staff to leverage their unique perspectives, skills, and potential. We strongly encourage applications from individuals who may not meet all these “ideal qualifications,” but have transferrable skills or experience.
The model candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Maturity and professionalism
- A willingness to take ownership of responsibilities and projects
- A strong ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An ability to manage multiple tasks with time constraints
- A willingness to work long, strenuous hours during production weeks
- Detail oriented and organized
- Comfortable working on ladders 6+ feet off the ground
- Comfortable lifting 50-pound equipment
- Sincere commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity, and access
Gibney strongly encourages employees to remain up to date with COVID-19 vaccination as defined by the CDC.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The hourly rate for this as needed position is $16.00 Currently, Gibney offers part-time and as needed employees a benefits package including:
- Access to a 401K Retirement Plan
- Up to two (2) free, early morning rentals per month and two (2) subsidized rentals per month
- Up to four (4) free dance classes/month
- Access to select racial equity trainings, professional development opportunities, and mental health resources
To be considered for the position, please submit your application to: David Vandervliet, Production Manager at email@example.com.
Your application should include a brief cover letter and current resume. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled).
All expressions of interest and conversations will be held in the strictest confidence; references will not be contacted without the candidate’s permission. Incomplete submissions will not be considered nor will submissions that are sent via postal mail, fax, or phone. Thank you.
Gibney is a growing organization and employees are often called upon to perform other duties that are essential to accomplish organizational goals and meet important deadlines. This kind of work should only be disseminated by the direct supervisor of that staff member and include relocating their original work for that time frame.
NONPROFIT EMPLOYMENT CONSIDERATION
Gibney is a mission-based nonprofit performing arts organization. Working in this sector can be personally rewarding with intrinsic benefits and distinct opportunities for growth. However, the compensation will never match that of the private sector or more highly resourced art forms. Candidates for employment are advised to carefully consider their decision to work in this field before seeking or accepting employment at Gibney.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Gibney provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, the status of being transgender, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Gibney is strongly committed to providing reasonable accommodations of disabilities during the application and hiring process. If desired or needed, please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.