A private and flexible studio with moveable mirrors and three large windows overlooking 19th Street. This intimate space is provides a quiet environment for small, focused rehearsals or meetings, and has been home to innumerable rehearsals for companies of all genres and sizes over the years. Use of indoor sneakers is allowed. Piano available.
STUDIO 6 IS PERFECT FOR
- Group meetings or table readings
- Office space or wardrobe room for large-scale productions
- Dance or theater rehearsals
- Dimensions: 19’ x 36’
- Capacity: 5 people (33%) for rehearsals, classes, workshops, and showings. 7 people (50%) for photoshoots, filming, and production.
- Ceiling Height: 11’
- Flooring: Light Wood; Resilient
- Portable mylar mirrors
- Sound System: Yamaha CRX-332 Receiver, 2 Yamaha NS-BP82 Speakers
- Use of indoor sneakers is allowed
DID YOU KNOW…
Studio 6 and Studio 3 were the first spaces Gibney took over at 890 Broadway beyond our original home, Studio 5-2. The space is intimate, affordable, and accessible to artists at all stages of their careers. It houses a steady stream of rehearsals by experimental artists and early-career choreographers. Studio 6’s close proximity to Studio 4 means these experimental artists are working just across the hall from large-scale Broadway productions, and we love to bring those two communities together under one roof.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, studio capacities have been reduced to 33% in our studios for all rehearsals, classes, and workshop rentals. Filming, photoshoot, and production rentals will be allowed at 50% capacity for each studio. If a rental request is submitted via our online forms with an occupancy that exceeds the following limits, your request will not be approved.