Extra-large and extra versatile, Studio H easily transforms from a rehearsal space, to an elegant setting for an event, to a 116-seat black box theater. Studio H features a lighting grid and full theatrical production capabilities. Use of shoes prohibited.
STUDIO H IS PERFECT FOR
- Studio showings, open rehearsals, or performance rentals through Gibney’s Performance Opportunity Project.
- Large classes and rehearsals
- Events and parties
- Photo and video shoots
- Dimensions: 33’ x 28’
- Capacity: 13 people (33%) for rehearsals, classes, workshops, and showings. 20 people (50%) for photoshoots, filming, and production.
- Ceiling Height: Actual – 13’; Lighting Grid – 11’
- Flooring: Black Marley (25’ x 32’), Dark Brown Wood (12’ x 32’); Resilient
- Permanent mirrors on East wall
- Blackout blinds for exterior windows
- Six columns: 3 on West wall, 3 in center of space
- Sound System: Tascam CD-200, MixMate 2 RM75, VRL PC-815
- Use of shoes prohibited
DID YOU KNOW…
Studio H, also known as The Theater, is Gibney’s largest production space with 116 seats. Since 2014, numerous artists have been produced in this space through Gibney’s various presentation platforms, including Gibney Dance Company, the annual DoublePlus series, Maria Bauman/MBDance, Anne Nguyen, and more.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, studio capacities have been reduced to 33% in our studios for all rehearsals, classes, and workshop rentals. Filming, photoshoot, and production rentals will be allowed at 50% capacity for each studio. If a rental request is submitted via our online forms with an occupancy that exceeds the following limits, your request will not be approved.