Studio Y is Gibney’s Black Box Theater and Dance in Process Production Residency space at 280 Broadway. With a lighting grid and blackout curtains on its numerous large windows, Studio Y easily transforms from an ideal rehearsal space to a fully equipped performance space, with a soundproof door. Use of shoes prohibited.
STUDIO Y IS PERFECT FOR
- Studio showings and open rehearsals
- Photo and video shoots
- Performances and technical residencies
- Dimensions: 64’ x 26’
- Capacity: 6 people
- Ceiling Height: Actual – 13’; Lighting Grid – 11’3”
- Flooring: Black Marley (Black Wooden Floor underneath); Sprung
- Portable mirrors available
- Blackout blinds for exterior windows
- Four Columns: South Wall, 13″ in diameter, 6″ from wall
- Sound System: VRL PC-815L, Denon Professional DN-410X, Denon Professional DN0500CB
- Use of shoes prohibited
DID YOU KNOW…
Studio Y is connected to the adjacent Studio Z, which is an ideal space for meetings, warming up, or storage, via an acoustically insulated door. Book both studios as a package so that you will have all the space you need for a performance, showing, or audition.